What are Points?
What are Points? The SUNY Center for Professional Development offers a CPD General Membership and CPD Technical Membership to campuses. A campus receives “Points”/”Training Points” when purchasing a membership. The Points/Training Points are dollars that can be used by member campus faculty and staff to pay for training and professional development, programs, conferences and more as determined by the organization.
Each member campus has a person designated as the Points Contact for both General Points and Technical Points. How and when points can be used is determined by the organization and campus. For information on the use of points, contact the appropriate Points Contact on your campus or contact the CPD at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 214-2440.
If your campus points are exhausted, additional points can be purchased. Download and complete the Authorization to Purchase.
About CPD General Points:
- One (1) General Point = One (1) Dollar
- The CPD General Membership fee is determined by the number of faculty and staff members at the institution. Each institution will receive back 75% worth of their membership fee in “Points.”
- The use of General Points must be authorized by your campus Points Contact.
- General Points are allocated yearly as a percentage of campus membership fees.
- General Points expire at the end of each SUNY fiscal year (June 30th) and cannot be rolled-over.
- General Points are available for most programs and services offered or supported by the CPD. When available, it will be listed as an accepted payment method.
- General Points are also available to pay for training through the CPD vendor partnerships.
About CPD Technical Points:
The CPD works with campus IT communities to identify evolving needs and enhance the skills of SUNY’s technical professionals.
- One (1) Technical Point = One (1) Dollar
- The CPD Technical membership fee is $5,000 and each institution will receive back 60% ($3,000) worth of their membership fee in “Points.”
- Technical Points are allocated yearly as a percentage of campus membership fees.
- Technical Points expire at the end of each SUNY fiscal year (June 30th) and cannot be rolled-over.
- Technical Points are available to pay for technical training, programs, and conferences as determined by the organization and its member campuses.
- Technical Points are also available to pay for training through CPD vendor partnerships as determined by the organization and its member campuses.
Campus Points Contact