SUNY Center for Professional Development (CPD) Academic Programs are designed for the academic communities comprised of faculty, librarians, faculty developers, instructional support staff, and all others who work either directly or indirectly with students. Programs are based upon identified needs from the campuses and SUNY communities in support of SUNY strategic priorities. Program areas include all aspects of teaching and learning, student success, advisement, research, assessment, and the effective use of technology in education.
Facilitating Communities of Practice (CoP): The CPD relies on the expertise of faculty and staff on SUNY campuses and elsewhere. This model provides the opportunity to work directly with the populations we serve at all stages of the professional learning process. We do this through engaging with communities of practice (CoP) to design and deliver our programs.
Programs are delivered in a variety of formats:
- Asynchronous Online Classes
- Synchronous Online Webinars
- Face-to-Face Workshops, Events, and Mini-Conferences
- Video Conferences
- At our regional campus sites or corporate partner sites
Some of these offerings are bundled together in certificate programs designed to help the target audience learn the knowledge and skills needed to work in higher education.
The courses in these programs are online (most are asynchronous) as well as engaging and interactive. Certificate completers earn a digital badge that specifies what they learned in the program.
The SUNY CPD (in partnership with other SUNY stakeholders) offers a wide variety of certificate programs and courses including:
- Assessment of Learning Outcomes
- Assessment Leadership
- Career Readiness Champion
- Coaching Strategies for Higher Education
- Inclusive Teaching and Learning
- Grants and Proposals
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Leading Change in Higher Education
- Online Student Supports (Formerly the Online Student Concierge Certificate Program)
- Online Teaching
- Teaching and Learning Certificate for New Faculty
Academic Professional Development Consultations: If you would like to discuss how the CPD can help your campus address academic professional development needs not listed here, please contact Academic Programs Manager Chris Price (email@example.com) or SUNY Online Program Manager Jamie Heron (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange for a consultation.