SUNY CPD CODE OF CIVILITY
At the SUNY Center for Professional Development, we are dedicated to providing an environment which is conducive to learning and civility. This policy applies to programs offered in all formats (in person, online, and hybrid).
All parties at our events are required to follow the Code of Civility. Partnering with participants, we endeavor to ensure a safe and positive environment for all.
- Respect for all individuals
- Be accepting of all people
- Be respectful of all property
- Respect every person’s right to be heard
- Embrace professional and academic growth
- Demonstrate personal integrity and honesty
- Act with kindness and consideration towards others
- Promote a non-violent and safe environment for all
- Practice social responsibility
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
Refunds are issued based on the following schedule:
- Cancellations received 31 or more days prior to program: 100% refund
- Cancellations received 16 to 30 days prior to program: 50% refund
- Cancellations received 15 days or fewer prior to program: Not eligible for refund
Programs have limited space and tend to fill to capacity. Individuals registered have reserved a space in the program. Registrants who do not attend will be charged the full registration fee. Refunds will not be issued for any registration in which a no show occurs and written cancellation was not received prior to the event.
Full payment is required 30 days from the start date of each course.
- If you select CPD points as your method of payment it is the responsibility of the registrant to determine if enough points are available to use BEFORE completing the registration process. If points are denied, you will be responsible for payment.
- Journal Transfers are for State Operated campuses only and require prior approval; please be sure to follow up with your business office to confirm payment. If payment is not made you may be denied access to the course(s).
- Completion badges will not be issued until full payment has been received.
Registrants must utilize the course cancelation form (linked in the registration confirmation email) to be officially cancelled from the program.
- Registrants can drop their course within the first week of the course without incurring a $50.00 fee. To receive a full refund you MUST cancel no later than the end of the first week (Friday) of the course.
- If you registered for all of the program courses to receive a full refund you MUST cancel no later than the end of the first week (Friday) of EACH
- The first day of week 2 (Monday) of the course, registrants may drop according to the chart below, with an additional drop fee of $50.00. MOVED to the top and made some edits.
Course Liability During Indicated Week ** (Chart does not include $50.00 cancellation fees)
|Length of Term
|12 week Term
|6 week term
|4 week term
Link to SUNY Policy https://www.suny.edu/sunypp/documents.cfm?doc_id=390 moved this to below the chart
SUNY CPD Membership will remain active until a written request to discontinue is received. Any campus wishing to cancel its membership must give 12 months written notice of their intent to withdraw. Failure to give proper notice will result in the campus being required to pay an additional year of membership.
To cancel membership, send notice to Lisa M. Raposo, SUNY CPD Interim Director at email@example.com.