For more than 30 years, the SUNY CPD has provided centralized, regional, and local training opportunities. The Center has evolved into a central resource for high-quality professional development by leading instructional development initiatives, creating opportunities for communities of practice and higher education institutions.
The CPD contributes to the success of the SUNY ecosystem through various programming and operational supports, including:
- Mentoring/faculty development
- SUNY Learning Commons
- SUNY Council on Assessment (SCoA)
- Trends in innovative instruction (tool, pricing agreements, etc.)
- Technical skills and training
- SUNY Faculty Advisory Council on Teaching and Technology (FACT2)
- Teaching and learning
- Distance education
- Remote work
- Community building
- Providing guidance through conference and events consultation
The CPD partners with their sister organization, The SUNY SAIL Institute to offer executive leadership programming, intended to strengthen campus cabinets and presidencies across the system.