The CPD is pleased to offer the SkillSoft e-Learning Initiative, available to SUNY campuses 24x7, anytime, anywhere.
License groups of users or your entire campus at up to a 50% reduction in cost. Professional development opportunities are available in I.T., computer desktop skills, leadership and management, engineering, legal, and more for all faculty, staff and students.
What You Need to Know
- Each licensed user has access to all SkillSoft courses and materials included in the license for one full year (based on January or July start dates).
- SkillSoft's e-Learning Initiative offers a wide range of professional development opportunities designed to support all levels of the organization and can easily be adapted to meet strategic business initiatives, on-demand information needs, and individual job roles.
- Learning Paths can be developed for specific job classifications and there is a robust reporting feature that allows campuses to track employee progress toward learning paths.
- E-learning offers an affordable professional development option to traveling for courses, workshops or seminars.
- The CPD offers informational webinars periodically for campuses interested in learning more.
The SkillSoft programs include courses and educational resources designed to meet the needs of the entire campus:
- HR departments providing professional development for staff and faculty
- Continuing Education Units looking for content or courseware for non-credit program offerings
- Faculty who are interested in supplemental educational resources for their credit bearing courses
- Students who need access to online books and resources
- Council and Health and Safety Offices who are responsible for managing risk and liability issues on their campus
Through the SUNY contract administered by the CPD, campuses have access to the following SkillSoft products:
- Skill Choice Complete - Comprehensive set of business, desktop, and IT courses, including Microsoft Office products.
- Books24x7 Exec Suite Collection - Premium collection designed for executives and senior managers, including Daily Management, Increasing Revenue, Mergers & Acquisitions, Effective Leadership Techniques, Managing Operations, and Managing Employees.
- Leadership Development Channel - Video delivery of world-class thinkers, including best-selling business authors, experts, and CEOs. Topics covered include: Management & Leadership, Change & Innovation, Communication, Marketing & Sales, and Business Strategy.
- Legal Compliance Collection - Information employees need to meet the intent of the applicable law, statute or case precedent and be aware of best practices with respect to risk mitigation.
- Books24x7 EngineeringPro Collection - Multidisciplinary reference for all engineering professionals.
- Books 24x7 Well-Being Essentials Collection - Work-life balance and health concerns.
- ES & H Collection - A complete solution for compliance.
NOTE: A Product Demo is available at http://www.skillsoft.com/infocenter/demo/skillport-intro.html.
Cost to Participate
There are two pricing models available for participation:
- Per User Model- Administered by the CPD for a cost of $27.00 per user per year
- Campuses with less than 5,000 FTEs must purchase a minimum of 100 licenses
- Campuses with more than 5,000 FTEs must purchase a minimum of 200 licenses
- Complete Campus Purchase Model - Each campus will be administered separately and the campus license includes all faculty, staff, and students on the campus. Cost is based on campus FTE. Please contact Dave Buckley at SkillSoft directly for details.
How to Enroll
Next Open Enrollment: October & November 2012 for January 1, 2013 start date
We request that each campus designate one contact to work with the CPD to enroll their campus and serve as the point of contact for everyone on their campus. The CPD will work with campus contacts to distribute promotional materials and track/monitor the usage of SkillSoft licenses at their campus.
For more information or to enroll your campus, contact Margaret Murad, Technical Programs Manager, by email at email@example.com or phone (315) 214-2425.